Monday, April 7, 2008

Don't Think, Don't Try, Just Do! - I love Nike's logo, "Just Do It".



For many people, we have to overcome intertia to get anythig done. For me, I want to lose weight, but I have trouble convincing myself to get on the elliptical machine. However, once I finally make the decision to get on the machine, it's ok. I notice that during those times when I have trouble convincing myself to get on the elliptical machine, there usually is a battle going on in my mind. Part of me is saying, "Anna, you need to do this! GO EXCERCISE." The other part of me is saying, "wow this chair feels sooo comfortable, why do you want to move? You can excercise later on!" Then of course, "later on" I will create an excuse not to excercise.

When I have the "Just Do It" mindset, it's great. I usually focus on one process at a time. For instance, I'll focus on putting on my socks and shoes first. Then I'll put on the work out clothing, then I'll focus on working out just 5 minutes. Then, i'll focus on another five minutes. Before I know it, I have completed a 30 minute workout.

I love the saying, "Dont think, dont try, just do" as well as Nike's "Just Do It". If I took the time spent over the past year thinking about excercising and just excerised I probably would have lost 20 pounds by now!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, totally agree - thoughts are not (usually) enough! We have to line up our actions with our thoughts to being about change. Not to say that we have to make an 'effort' but we do have to go with the flow of things.

http://effortless-wealth.blogspot.com/

Rebecca Briggs said...

This reminds me of a set of animal intuition cards I had several years ago. I believe the gazelle or another animal like it had the message, "Just Do It".

Guess which card I would select rather frequently?

Love your blog!