Thursday, February 14, 2008

Law of Attraction- Keep on Moving

I met with a business consultant yesterday for some advice on a project I am working on and we started talking about motivation. I told him I was stuck in a rut and it seemed like there was so much to do to achieve my goal of having a successful business. He told me to keep on moving.

"If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, keep moving." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

He told me to crawl if that is all I can do for the time being. I sat there and thought about what he said for a while. I realized I wanted to run as fast as I could but there were certain things that weren't in place which meant I needed to crawl for the moment. I was acting somewhat impatient because I wasn't running yet but crawling is also a key part of the process.

Before someone can run they have to walk and before someone can walk they have to crawl. Every successful person out there did not achieve success overnight. Actors and actresses can spend years in acting school, olympic runners spend four years preparing for perhaps a 20 second race, and businesses don't become multi milliion dollar enterprises overnight.

Keep on moving forward and you will eventually finish the race. One step at a time towards your goal.

No comments: