Friday, January 25, 2008

Cutting Down On Your Expenses = More Money In Your Bank Account (PART 2)

I love food, I love to eat. However, it’s costing me $$$$. I’m trying to cut back on food spending.


Dining Out Less:

One thing about me, I LOVE sushi! There is this sushi place by my house that offers half off sushi Mon – Thurs. It’s great. Fantastic Sushi for half the price! For 2 ppl eating there, I could spend $20 and still have some rolls to take home. Isn’t that great? The downside was I use to eat there at least 2x a week!!! That’s $40 a week!!! That’s $160 a month on sushi!! I’ve cut down going to a sushi restaurant to maybe 2-3 times a month. This saves me at least $120 a month!


Skipping the appetizer:


Something else I use to do was order an appetizer every time I went out to Applebee’s or Cheesecake Factory. That’s $8-$10 on an appetizer alone!! I don’t order appetizer anymore. If I am really hungry then they usually bring out bread anyway. Now I save on money and also save on calories.


Eating before dining out:


Yes, it sounds silly, but eat before you dine out with friends and you will save some money!!!! Now when I go out with friends, I ask if anyone wants to share a platter or I can order a salad and still be full because I already ate at home. For me, the main point of going out with friends is to spend quality time with them not to stuff myself at some restaurant.

Cooking:

The ultimate way to save money is to stay in and cook more. I have started to do this and I have also found that cooking is somewhat relaxing and enjoyable. So, the next time you want dine out, stay home and cook.

No comments: