Friday, January 18, 2008

Success is there waiting for you! Just Jump Already! I started with Ebay.com (PART1)

While I was at college not too long ago, I use to purchase so much stuff on Ebay.com. I mean just random stuff such as a large ionic fan and a pink 50ft Ethernet cable. One day, I realized that if everyone else can make money off of Ebay selling stuff, why can’t I??

Since I was in school for business, I knew about importing, wholesalers, etc. Why not put my 40K (definitely more now) a year college education to use, while I was still in college?

My first stop was alibaba.com and a bunch of other wholesale directories. After browsing through thousands of products, I decided to resell overstock apparel. I then contacted a bunch of suppliers and they gave me a bunch of quotes, payment terms, and lead times.

I reduced the number of suppliers from ten to one. I decided to go with a wholesaler with offices in Pennsylvania because I thought it would be safer than dealing with someone internationally and they also accepted credit cards.

It would cost me $1000 for 100 polo shirts.

I had to think about this for a couple of days. So many things ran through my head like, how about if the items don’t come? What if they don’t sell? What if they are defective?
All these negative thoughts were running through my head that were preventing me from picturing the successful me.

To be continued….

No comments: