Monday, January 21, 2008

Success is there waiting for you! Just Jump Already! I started with Ebay.com (PART 2)

At some point I decided to purchase the polo shirts and then 4 weeks later the shipment arrived. I scoped out the competition on Ebay and saw that the polo shirts were starting at $10 so I did the same. Also, I knew HTML so I made my pages look better than the competition. Making my auctions look more professional, drove up the bid price. The shirts sold on average for $18. Not bad, 80% return on investment!

I started selling on Ebay my junior year of college and all throughout my senior year. It was great supplemental income!

To be honest, it wasn’t a piece of cake selling on Ebay. Things also went wrong, unhappy customers, supplier delays, issues with defect, etc. In the end, I just kept on moving forward and faced each challenge. I think most people focus on talking about success etc. but sometimes it’s also important to look at the challenges to get to that success. I didn’t give up after each challenge and each challenge only made me stronger. Some challenges I faced more than once, such as product defects. However, each time, I knew how to handle the situation better. (I also made sure to work with suppliers that would be able to offer refunds etc.)

I had this vision where I could make money in my sleep and that’s what I did. My auctions went on while I slept, while I watched TV, and while I partied.

If you have a vision, take the necessary steps to make it a reality.


I’ll post some Ebay tips tomorrow!

No comments: